“ If I die, burn my hard drive. Just burn it, drop it in the ocean, and bury it under a rock at the bottom of the sea. Just get rid of that shit. And don't even think about looking at what's on it.- Holt ”
Sergeant First Class Dominic "Dom" Moretta, aka Holt, is a technology specialist in Nomad's Kingslayer Team who speaks fluent Spanish. An expert in intelligence and data decryption, he is also an excellent drone specialist.
Born on February 3rd, 1986 in Louisiana, Dominic Moretta grew up in a rural family with a long history of service. He wanted to continue that legacy and make his career in the military since the age of 4. At the age of 18, he joined the Army and became a Sapper, then an Army Ranger, before the age of 21.
Holt has always been obsessed with technology and developed a passion for engineering. This was one of the reasons he was selected to become a Ghost at the early age of 27.
Holt is not only a professional, top-tier operator in combat, he’s also a joker at heart. He uses his humor to keep the situation under control during tense moments.
When not on a mission, Holt tends to get rowdy. He is known for drunkenly pushing a joke too far and getting into regular bar fights. He would do anything to get his adrenaline fix.
After working on several missions together, Holt quickly became Midas’ best friend. He often drags him into disturbing situations, ones that never fail to create memorable stories.
Holt has seen the effect of drugs firsthand. He came from a community that was overrun with oxycodone and other illicit substances. Many of his friends and family members either died or went to prison due to drugs. For him, his mission is all about stopping that abuse from happening to even more neighborhoods. Though during Kingslayer, he mentions that he has tried cocaine and makes several jokes about the cocaine industry.
Holt was assigned to Nomad's Ghost team along with operators Midas and Weaver in their objective to take down the Bolivian Santa Blanca drug cartel.
During the events of Operation Greenstone, Holt was part of the 32 Ghosts sent to investigate the communications blackout at the Auroa archipelago. Thanks to a conspiracy, the Ghosts were lead into a trap, which resulted in their helicopters being destroyed due to an advanced drone perimeter around the archipelago.
Later, Nomad is able to make contact with Holt and is guided to Erewhon, where he reunites with Holt and tells up the fate of Weaver. Holt hands Nomad his drone and is able to communicate with Nomad about several topics.
- He has blue eyes.
- In the game, Holt uses a customized Mk. 17 with a 30-round extended magazine, black extended stock, standard barrel, a suppressor and an Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG, maybe an AN/PVQ-31 version).
- In the pre-alpha build of the game, and in some scenes, He can be seen with a customized ACR instead.
- Following a bar brawl, it was Kirk Graham who recommended him for admission into the elite unit.
- Holt is one of the four Ghost characters in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. It was confirmed at Gamescon 2016 that players would have complete character and weapon customization options.
- He and Midas have been best friends for 10 years (both might have met each other in 2009 if that friendship lasted to 2019 and not broken).
- He is the only Ghost on the team who is not married, often joking that he is happy being single.
- He has intimate knowledge of drug trafficking and smuggling.
- He has tried cocaine, off-duty, twice just to know what it feels like.
- The first time he tried cocaine, he was so wasted, he had to do it a second time just to find out how it felt.
- He is the only AI teammate to maintain a consistent personality and voice throughout the entirety of the campaign, unlike Midas and Weaver.
- He became a Ghost in 2013.