|Overview||Ghost Recon 2||G.R.A.W.||Phantoms||Future Soldier||Wildlands||Breakpoint|
The MK 48 is a variant of the MK 46 (a M249 SAW variant) that has been scaled up to fire 7.62x51mm NATO rounds. The weapon was developed for use by United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) units.
The Mk 48 is a gas-operated, air-cooled, belt-fed machine gun. The Mod 0 features a fixed, polymer buttstock. Unlike the MK 46, the Mk 48 features a tripod-mounting lug. It shares a 70% parts commonality with the M249. Like another M249 derivative, the Mk 48 can only be fed from a disintegrating belt. The facility to accept 30-round magazines was ditched in order to save weight. The Mk 48 features a set of 4 Picatinny rails allows for the mounting of various accessories. The weapon's barrel is detachable and features a carrying handle which can aid when changing hot barrels. The Mk 48 has a fold-down bipod t provide support when fired from the prone position.
Role in Ghost Recon
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon novel
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike (First appearance)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Predator
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Ghost Recon Phantoms Webcomic
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Phantoms
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint