“ Sueño should be wary. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have arrived.- Midas ”
If things go wrong and you are caught in the crossfire, Sergeant First Class Rubio "Midas" Delgado is the partner you want by your side. Who is able to speak 3 languages and an expert in Cultural and Ethnic Studies. He’s not only a skilled mechanic and a vehicles specialist, but he’s also equipped with some seriously heavy weaponry, making him the perfect choice for intense assaults in Nomad's Kingslayer Team.
Born on September 8th, 1988 in San Diego, California, Rubio Delgado grew up in a religious family. He has strong Latin-American roots, as his father was originally from Honduras and his mother was born in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. Rubio almost became a priest, but he decided to leave the seminary and join the army, where he became a Ranger specializing in Military Intelligence. His deep knowledge of Latin America helped him during operations in Colombia, Peru, and El Salvador. His career achievements led to his position with the Ghosts at age 29.
Midas is an expert in Latin American politics and culture, which gives him a unique insight into the drug trafficking of the region.
Loud, boisterous, and aggressive, Midas is in a constant state of unrest. His deep religious roots make him the most emotional member of the team; he tends to care a little bit too much about everything. He feels like he’s being driven by a higher power, and regularly attends church and gives spiritual counseling to fellow soldiers. He’s happily married with four kids, including a 12-year old daughter, and he’s been Holt’s best friend for ten years.
When the convoy was stopped at a checkpoint, he shot the ISIS soldiers and drove the captives back to safety.
Midas part of Nomad's team along with Holt and Weaver in their objective to take down the Bolivian Santa Blanca drug cartel.
During the events of Operation Greenstone, Midas was riding on a helicopter alongside Nomad when it was shot down by the Wolves' Swarm drones. Nomad was able to escape the wreckage and witnessed Weaver being executed. While helping a Homesteader in returning her grandfather's belongings from a Sentinel outpost, Nomad found Midas's scarf which heavily indicates that Midas has survived the crash and went missing. Nomad also managed to find Midas' diary about him evading Sentinel patrols and hiding, before being spotted and abducted by the Wolves, but not before managing to kill a few of them.
His whereabouts were unknown, until Sam Fisher showed a picture of him being captured by Leon Fairrow - The Strategist, then put in a cell without his scarf. Although in Operation "Deep State" it is discussed and concluded by Nomad that Midas has been captured by Sentinel for Project CLAW.
After Sam and Nomad defeated the Strategist's drones and captured him at his facility. Sam took the drugged Fairrow away, while Nomad climbed to an area of the facility. Yet Nomad was horrified to see other military specialists with Midas are strapped on around a computer, with headsets on that almost all of them were dead, except for Midas. Although Nomad freaked out that Midas' wide open eyes, heartbeat stopped and being unconscious, Midas was quickly saved by Nomad from death by punching his chest to get Midas' heart moving.
A few hours later, back in Erewhon, both of them arrived to the place to see Holt. Midas commented to Holt that he looked like shit. While Holt replied Midas himself didn't look so good either. Midas said that Sentinel and the Strategist put a hurting on him, didn't know how much more of that he could have taken, then asked Nomad about Weaver, yet both Holt and Nomad knew the answer won't sound well for Midas. Nomad replied that Weaver didn't make it, which stunned Midas. Nomad explained to Midas there's nothing any of them could have done. Holt said Weaver was a good man, with Nomad adding that Weaver was the best, but the mission continues. Nomad also said he knew that both Midas and Holt were banged up, but he was going to need their help, one way or another. Then asked them were they with him, which both of them nodded their heads affirmatively as a yes. Which Nomad said that was good because this thing was far from over.
- In Wildlands, he preferred using his customized Knight's Armament Company (KAC) PDW SR-635 as his primary weapon of choice and his Serbu Super-Shorty shotgun as a backup weapon at his right thigh (the same place where every Ghosts' pistol/handgun holster located).
- Although his ACR is only mentioned, the ACR from Ubisoft's Clancy Intelligence & Assets is a Magpul variant equipped with the KAC M203 grenade launcher, an EOtech XPS3 Sight, a Surefire SOCOM556-SB2 Sound Suppressor and a PEQ-15 Advanced Target Pointer/Illuminator/Aiming Light (ATPIAL).
- Without his scarf, he has black mustache.
- Due to the experiments at Project CLAW, Midas almost lost his eyesight due to him not able to shut his eyelids. He wears an eyepatch at Erewhon. He is suffering from amnesia and possibly PTSD as well.
- Midas is one of the four Ghost characters in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. It was confirmed at Gamescon 2016 that players would have complete character and weapon customization options.
- He and Holt have a 10-year long friendship since 2009.
- Ironically, while he is described as a heavy weapons specialist perfect for assault, in-game he uses a customized SR-635 equipped with a Kobra sight, an 8-inch barrel, a 20 rounds magazine, and a suppressor. It is one of the smallest, slowest, and weakest assault weapons in the game.
- Weaver and Midas' voices and personalities have become a point of confusion in the community. In the introductory cinematic, their voices are established but later scenes have their voices, names, and personalities switch. This is shown in the mission "El Pozolero" where, at the end of the mission, Nomad states that Midas observed stunted emotional growth when it was, in fact, Weaver that said the line, and again in the game's final mission "El Sueño" when Nomad tells Weaver to trace a call but Midas responds. This is likely developer oversight because squad conves duringsations in the open-world show them in the opposite, examples being Weaver mentioning his divorce and Midas joking with Holt, in line with their official bios.
- Midas originally had an unattainable scarf, pants, and vest model, but the April 2018 "Special Operation 1" update which introduced limited AI teammate customization removed these items and replaced them with default items found in the Character Smith.
- He became a Ghost in 2017.