“ All contact has been lost with Auroa. This archipelago is home to Skell Technology, a high-tech company. You are sent there with your unit for a recon mission, but your helicopters are shot down: Skell Tech has fallen into the wrong hands. The Wolves, a lethal ex–US military unit gone rogue, have taken over the island. Led by your ex-brother-in-arms, Colonel Cole D. Walker, they have reprogrammed Skell’s drones into killing machines and are ready to use them, no matter the casualties.- Description ”
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a sequel to Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, an open world game taking place on a fictional island called Auroa. Unlike past games, there is no briefing of the mission and push the true survival experience to the test while overcoming the dangers on a remote island. Breakpoint was released on October 4th, 2019 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- 1 Publisher's summary
- 2 Development
- 3 Plot
- 4 Gameplay
- 5 Customize Your Ghost
- 6 Raid
- 7 PVP
- 8 Other Topics
- 9 Release
- 10 DLC
- 11 Ghost Experience
- 12 Gallery
- 13 Videos
- 14 Notes and references
- 15 Trivia
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Somewhere in the South Pacific lies the remote Auroa Archipelago, a vast land of diverse biomes that range from lush rainforests to snowy peaks. Now, it’s home to Skell Technology, an enigmatic technology giant. Initially interested in a remote testing site for its autonomous drones, the Silicon Valley company eventually turned Auroa into its “World 2.0,” a high-tech, high-security utopia of sustainable eco-cities and robotics research.
Face your deadliest enemy yet, The Wolves, former Ghosts who have betrayed their country. Led by the charismatic Colonel Cole D. Walker they have taken control of Auroa for an unknown purpose. Now in control of Auroa’s powerful drone technology The Wolves and their allies Sentinel will hunt you mercilessly across Auroa.
Development[edit | edit source]
At E3 2019 on June 10th, Ubisoft allowed sign-ups for the Breakpoint Beta that will start September 5 with guaranteed beta access through pre-orders. The first technical test was open from May 31st to June 3rd. The second technical test was also open from July 26th to July 29th. Both technical tests are under NDAs (Meaning that players who were invited aren't allowed to discuss or share any gameplay under any circumstances) and were only available to players around North America and Western Europe.
On August 2nd, Ubisoft revealed unqiue features that'll be available for the PC version. That includes full controls customization, partnerships from Tobii, Discord, AMD, to a standalone PC Benchmark.
Recently, Ubisoft announced the Ghost Recon Rewards Program which gives players rewards for completing challenges and milestones in Ghost Recon Wildlands and redeem them for Breakpoint. As a recap, they recently put up an article about the list of challenges/milestones and the rewards you get for completing them.
On March 5th, 2020, Ubisoft announced a new way to play Ghost Recon Breakpoint with the Ghost Experience starting on March 24th.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The game is set in the year 2025, six years after the events of Operation Kingslayer.
Prior to the events of the game, Skell Technology comes under increasing public scrutiny when they are faced with mounting evidence that its products are falling into the hands of corrupt regimes, whilst its technology is implicated in an assassination of a political candidate by an armed drone. The situation escalates further when the USS Seay, an American cargo ship sinks off the coast of the Auroa archipelago and all contact with both the island and its inhabitants are subsequently cut off from the outside world. Determined to investigate the cause, CIA Deputy Director Peter Miles initiates Operation Greenstone, deploying a platoon size of 32 Ghosts operators under Nomad's leadership from the USS Wasp to re-establish contact with Auroa and determine the circumstances of the USS Seay's sinking. However the insertion ends in disaster when the helicopters carrying the platoon to the island are attacked by a swarm of Legion drones. Nomad is the sole able-bodied survivor of his squadmates, whilst Holt got seriously injured in the crash, and Midas is missing in action.
Shortly after obtaining a weapon and attempting to find a working radio to communicate with the USS Wasp, Nomad Nomad witnesses a firefight between several Ghosts led by Weaver and multiple unidentified individuals. The firefight abruptly ends when Weaver is executed by Cole D. Walker, a former member of the Ghosts who is now leading the assault force, known as the Wolves. Additionally, Nomad discovers a private military company called Sentinel is also operating on the island alongside the Wolves. Eventually, Nomad manages to reach Erewhon, a secret mountain hideout that is kept hidden from both Sentinel as well as the Wolves. With the assistance of ex-U.S. Marine Mads Schulz, Erewhon's de facto leader and his wife Maria, Nomad learns that the drone swarms that ambushed the platoon have imposed a defensive perimeter around the island; preventing anyone from entering or leaving the Archipelago. To help bring down the drones protecting the island, Nomad works with another survivor, fellow Ghost Sergeant Major Josiah Hill and is instructed to locate Maurice Fox, Skell Tech's chief mathematician, his daughter Harmony, and eventually Jace Skell himself.
Upon reaching Skell, Nomad discovers that Hill has been secretly working with Walker and the two offer Nomad a place by their side. Nomad refuses and manages to evacuate Skell to Erewhon.
It is up to the Ghosts to survive and carry out the original mission, as well as taking down the rogue Ghosts and the Sentinel Corporation.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Classes[edit | edit source]
|Item: Gas Grenade that deals area-of-effect damage over time.|
- Proficiency: health, assault rifle, and shotgun buff.
- Technique: True Grit reduces recoil, increases damage resistance.
|- Equipped with a sonar scanner that reveals all enemy positions in the surrounding area.|
- Deployed with a shock pistol.
- Boosted stealth, more so in dark environments.
- Pistols can auto-snap for headshots when detected.
- Released on March 24th 2020 alongside the Immersive Update and Deep State DLC.
|- Has the ability to deploy an attack drone that targets enemies.|
- Has supply drones that contain ammo and explode when shot.
- Bonus damage for grenade launchers (GL unlocked at lvl 10).
- Released on March 24th 2020 alongside the Immersive Update and Deep State DLC.
|- Item: Medkit, once thrown can be picked up to heal / buff health of player or teammate.|
- Proficiency: faster revives, carry bodies faster, and self-revive.
- Technique: Healing Drone that revives teammates.
|- Item: Cloaking Spray used to become undetectable by drones.|
- Proficiency: buff to stealth and movement speed; suppressed handguns and submachine guns maintain standard damage.
- Technique: "Cloak & Run" to deploy a smokescreen.
|- Item: Sensor Grenade Launcher able to mark enemies in a large area.|
- Proficiency: buff to hold breath duration while aiming, sniper rifles, and DMRs.
- Technique: Armor Buster ammo for buffed bullet penetration, damage, and muzzle velocity.
|- Has the ability to hack an Armaros|
- Released in late 2020 alongside the third chapter.
Injury System[edit | edit source]
Now when your Ghost takes damage they may also become injured. These injuries will slow you down and reduce your combat effectiveness requiring additional time and resources to heal your Ghost back to peak fighting condition. There are three tiers of injury-
- Minor Injury: You have a limp when walking/sprinting, stamina is reduced, and aiming can be wobbly.
- Severe Injury: You are bleeding out, your limp gets much worse, reducing your speed, and stamina is greatly reduced.
- Critical Injury: You are unable to sprint, stamina is almost nil, prone and crouch speed is severely reduced, you can only walk, and you can only defend yourself with your sidearm.
Bandages will cure any of the above but only one injury stage at a time in descending order. Syringes can be used to heal minor and severe injuries, but cannot be used for critical injuries.
Terrain and Stamina[edit | edit source]
Traversing the world of Auroa will push your Ghost to their limits. Steep slopes will make you slip and fall, traversing water will slow you down, and snow will plow in your wake. Properly managing your stamina will be essential to surviving and fighting back.
The Bivouac[edit | edit source]
The Homesteaders have prepared safe spaces around the archipelago, where they can rest when out on scavenging runs or hunting expeditions. Each is signposted by a campfire that's been left burning, creating a large plume of smoke. As a Ghost, the smoke brings unwanted attention, so the first thing to do upon setting up a Bivouac is to put out the fire. The location will be marked on the map, and the Ghost can instantly travel to it any time, as long as he's not in combat. There are 115 Bivouacs around Auroa.
Resting at a Bivouac will heal injuries and recover fatigue. It also can be used to craft useful items, change your class, or make tactical preparations for the next trip into the wilds.
- By opening the Preparation menu, you'll be able to select a topic to focus on that will be apply a buff to your character for the next 60 minutes.
- If you've purchased any vehicles from Maria in Erewhon, you'll be able to select one of them from your garage and a Homesteader will deliver it to a nearby location once you leave the Bivouac.
- When breaking camp, you'll also be able to set the time of day at which you deploy.
- When multiple players are occupying a Bivouac during co-op play, you'll be able to trade consumable items (such as grenades, rations or syringes) between players, and check each other's statistics.
Buddy Carry[edit | edit source]
Leave no man behind. When an ally is down and needs help instead of giving medical attention in the middle of a firefight you can quickly sling them over your shoulder and move to safety to get them back on their feet.
Prone Camo[edit | edit source]
As a Ghost you can disappear into your environment making you nearly invisible to your enemies. Use this feature to setup an ambush or avoid detection when cover is not available.
Advanced Enemy AI[edit | edit source]
The Wolves and their allies are experienced elite soldiers and will communicate amongst themselves to hunt you down if detected. With a wide variety of AI archetypes and behaviors no two encounters will be the same.
Adaptive Cover[edit | edit source]
An innovative cover system will automatically adapt your Ghost’s body position to match available cover and execute advanced tactics such as leaning to aim around corners
Customize Your Ghost[edit | edit source]
Create a unique Ghost to look and play your way. With multiple classes and deep systems featuring thousands of options for both functional and cosmetic customization no two Ghosts will look and play the same. Weapons, gear, and equipment are craftable, customizable, and upgradeable using items and resources you’ll find across Auroa.
Raid[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint/Raids
For the first time in Ghost Recon history, Breakpoint will include four-player raids.
PVP[edit | edit source]
Breakpoint includes a 4v4 PVP game mode, Ghost War. It comes with 6 maps, 4 classes, 2 modes as well as dedicated servers and shared progression between PvE/PvP. The two modes are Elimination and Sabotage. Elimination is essentially a team deathmatch mode, where one team wins when the other has no remaining players standing. Sabotage is an attack/defend game mode, much like 'Search and Destroy' in the Call Of Duty franchise, and much like the 'Bomb' game mode in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege. There are two objectives, which the defenders must defend and the attackers must plant a bomb on. See Ghost War page for more information.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Weapons of Breakpoint
Bipods return in Breakpoint after not being available in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands.
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Vehicles of Breakpoint
Other Topics[edit | edit source]
- Patch Notes
- Road Map
- Skell Credits
Release[edit | edit source]
Ghost Recon Breakpoint will release on October 4, 2019. Customers who purchase the Gold, Ultimate, or Collector's editions will have access to the game on October 1, 2019.
DLC[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint/Road Map
It's DLCs are in the YEAR 1 PASS, it includes:
- The Siren’s Call mission available from launch.
- The Special Operation Forces Pack, the finest military equipment composed of the “Quiet” Designated Marksman Rifle, the Covered ACH, the CRYE G3 combat pants and the cross draw vest, available from launch.
- Access to two upcoming immersive Adventures: Deep State and Transcendence.
- Early unlock of three classes, which will improve both your solo and multiplayer gaming experiences by introducing new skills for your character.
In E3 2019, Ubisoft presented a short teaser of the future Terminator DLC with Brad Fiedel's theme and the 2 glowing red eyes from a T-800 Terminator. When the DLC was released it also included Rasa Aldwin and 2 anti-terminator weapons: the MK14 Termination and the MGL Terminator.
On 24th of March 2020, Deep State is the second DLC that has new areas on Auroa and Sam Fisher showing up.
Ghost Experience[edit | edit source]
Discover a new way to play Ghost Recon Breakpoint with the Ghost Experience. Starting on 24th March 2020 you will be able to enjoy the new Immersive Experience: no gear score, realistic loot, new HUD settings... You can still play the game as it was released with the Regular mode, or create your ultimate Ghost Experience with the Custom mode.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Everything you need to know about Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Face High-Tech Threats and Fight for Survival in a Deadly Archipelago
- Cosplay Guide
- Episode 2: Deep State
- Episode 3: Red Patriot
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The official Ghost Recon announce trailer Cover song is Karma Police, made by 2WEI.
- There is a comic miniseries called Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Blind Prophets that tells the events of Nomad, Walker and Mitchell before Operation Greenstone.
- A book called The World of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint explains things about the game.